New Where's Voldemort?


CartoCSS inwards Mapbox Studio includes a handy alternative to supersede town names on your map amongst whatsoever text of your choice. I idea that I could purpose this alternative to alter some random towns on my Harry Potter themed map amongst names used inwards J.K. Rowling's serial of novels. For example,
[name_en='Bracknell'] {
    text-name: '"Little Whinging"';
}
turns the mention of the town of Bracknell inwards England to 'Little Whinging'.

It in addition to hence occurred to me that I could purpose this component to add together textual clues to the map in addition to practise a footling treasure hunt. For example,
[name_en='Alnwick'] {
    text-name: '"Hogwarts (search inwards Budleigh Salterton)"';
}
changes the town mention of Alnwick to 'Hogwarts' in addition to too provides a clue to the map user that they should search inwards 'Budleigh Salterton'.

By adding a set out of textual clues to my Harry Potter themed map I bring been able to practise a footling Where's Voldemort map. Follow the clues on the map in addition to yous tin flame assistance Harry Potter discovery the place of 'he who can't last named'.

The clues are really slow (to last honest they aren't actually clues at all simply unproblematic instructions). When I larn some fourth dimension I mightiness movement to mean value upwards some riddles to solve inwards fellowship to brand this treasure hunt a footling harder. For straightaway the map tin flame last viewed every bit an instance of how yous tin flame practise a map treasure hunt game using Mapbox Studio.

My Harry Potter themed map means is virtually completely copied from Mapbox's novel Lord of the Rings map style. All I've actually changed is the map font in addition to town shields (switched from the 'one ring' to a wizard's hat).

I've too added a set out of map markers to the map, which demonstrate some of the U.K. locations used inwards the Harry Potter serial of films. I tweaked the Leaflet.js css means a footling on the map to render a transparent edge closed to the marking pop-ups. In my imagination this equates to Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close