New The Marauders Map


I was watching Harry Potter in addition to the Prisoner of Azkaban final nighttime in addition to it occurred to me that I withal haven't seen a skillful interactive version of the Marauders Map. I had a duo of hours gratis this forenoon then I decided to hand it a go.

I'm non alone happy amongst my Marauders Map but I idea I'd part it whatever way. I styled OpenStreetMap map tiles using Mapbox Studio. Looking at images online of the Marauders Map used inwards the Harry Potter films it seems to me that the map basically contains only identify labels in addition to edifice footprints.

So my Marauders Maps every bit good has edifice footprints in addition to map labels, colored every bit closed to the master every bit possible. I every bit good changed the label font to something which I idea looked suitably wizardry.

To animate a marking on the map I used the Leaflet.AnimatedMarker plugin. For the footprint marking I used an icon from the Map Icons Collection. If I larn a piddling fourth dimension I'll update the marking to include ii feet (at the minute I seem to endure tracking a i legged wizard, hopping to a greater extent than or less London).

The map isn't great. I require to refine the styling a piddling to a greater extent than in addition to meliorate the map icon. It would every bit good endure overnice to operate on the animated marking then that the marking rotates to human face upwardly the administration of movement.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close